- No dates- not on hand, could use raisins instead,
- No walnuts- hubs doesn't like, and they're fatty when I don't want that at breakfast
- Use white whole wheat and regular whole wheat instead of regular flour. More fiber, more filling
- Add 6 chocolate chips per muffin- put a little batter in the sprayed pan, then add chips, then cover to bury them. It's about 3 T. that you add to the recipe total, adding only 17 calories per muffin.
- Don't heat the oven until you've mixed everything, and let the batter sit. I got that recommendation from Isa on Post Punk Kitchen- it lets the gluten strands form and you get a higher rise/lighter batter, which can be harder to obtain in vegan goods. She used it with pancakes, and now I'm doing it with all baked goods.
- Spray the pan with oil so they don't stick!