Friday, May 1, 2009

First Post, Dumplings with Bok Choy, Size 10

I am very excited about this blog, and I hope as I enter grad school this fall, I can keep this up as well as the healthful eating.

Speaking of, it was a Trader Joe's night. The hubs wasn't hungry, so I made quick meal for one.
  • Ingredients: TJ Frozen Veggie Dumplings, Mushrooms, grated ginger, red curry paste, seasame oil, bok choy, fresh sprouts. Favorite dipping sauce recommended- sriracha and TJ thai peanut for me
  • Dumplings, pan-fried with spray oil until crispy on bottom
  • Add in some sliced mushrooms, water, ginger and curry paste and water to steam for 5 minutes or so
  • Heat up a second pan with 1 tsp of sesame oil or so and throw in chopped bok choy and garlic
  • Stir fry the cabbage while dumplings steam, add pea sprouts (so good!) and heat 1 min. max
I eat them all together in a bowl with peanut sauce and sriracha for dipping. Trader Joe's again has a good peanut sauce, but I think I'm going to make a big batch and freeze some because nothing equals the real, coconut milk-based stuff. Find it on the Net. My version is basic.

Today I bought size 10 pants and skirt for the first time since junior year of high school (I think).
Having never lost any amount of weight before in my life, this was a major milestone. I celebrated by eating strawberries as I made dinner. I might have a couple pieces of chocolate before bed too!

No comments:

Post a Comment