I eat about 2 servings of broccoli to every cup of cooked pasta, and that satisfies my craving without busting my calorie budget for the day. I omit the oil recommended in both recipes.
Serves 4, around 130 calories each.
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds (about 2 Tbs)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbs pimentos
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz tofu, silken lite (nasoya)
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- pinch tumeric
- Blend nuts and water until smooth, then add the rest. Adjust dijon and onion/garlic as like.
- Cook pasta, add broccoli to pot halfway through. Cook until both are just done.
- Add back to pan with a little spray canola. Add sauce, cover, and heat until thickened.